With a highly developed health care system, Germany offers you great deals with hospitals providing excellent clinical care that ensures maximum safety for both the parents and the newborns. Over 6000 women from all across the globe come to give birth in Germany
. Childbirth in Germany has become popular with expat pregnant women for many obvious reasons.
Germany offers excellent prenatal, childbirth and postnatal care from expert medical professionals. The well trained and efficient medical staffs in specialized hospitals provide personalized care with good attention to obstetric patients; the great comfort on offer and the very idea of giving birth
in a highly developed country as Germany have been attracting many women to travel across to Germany for childbirth.
The most comfortable and specifically designed delivery rooms well equipped with all the necessary facilities ensure a safe delivery that a mother would aspire for. The amenities include large round beds, chairs and supports, underwater delivery tubs and all the medical machinery whose storage are intentionally concealed. The special lightings systems, soft and soothing music and a homely environment in these “birth rooms” give a more comfortable feeling like being in your own living room. Even the would-be father is given a warm welcome and allowed to join his partner in these crucial hours. Many of the clinics even permit the father to be present in the operation theater while a caesarean section is underway.
Sophisticated medical facilities like online monitoring of all the parameters of both the mother and the child during prenatal, childbirth and postnatal stages, facilities for suppression of pain and obtaining a quick pain relief all ensure a safe childbirth and also provide the parents with a pleasing positive experience.
Statistics revealed by the Statistical Office in 2010 show that the number of childbirths through c-section in Germany is on a rise. Over 30% of all the births in Germany during 2009 were carried out through caesarean section. Childbirth by a caesarean section has its own benefits as well. You can choose your date of delivery; have an easy childbirth without experiencing much labor pains, you avoid a potential risk and also reap psychological benefits.
The mandatory prenatal blood tests that are carried out in Germany include:
- Blood tests to detect any infectious diseases
- Antibody test
- Regular gynecological tests with blood pressure, urine, weight, etc.
- Customary Ultrasonic Tests
- HIV test
- Tests for toxoplasmosis, diabetes, etc.
The optional prenatal tests include:
- A nuchal translucency (NT) scanning to assess for any indications of Down’s syndrome in the developing baby. An early, precise diagnosis has been brought into force since 2012 which involves a non-invasive blood test of the mother. This facility can be conducted remotely in a specialized testing center upon your request.
- A more precise and comprehensive diagnosis like organ ultrasound scanning can also be done in 3D
- Fetal Echocardiography that enables a special investigation of the fetal heart
- Genetic scan to accurately presume the date of delivery, detect any early pregnancy failures, to diagnose multiple pregnancy and detect any structural malformations
- Doppler ultrasound scanning to diagnose high-risk pregnancies like thrombophilia, growth retardation, hypertension, improper blood flow in the navel-cord, etc.
- Some invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures like Chrionic Villus Sampling (CVS), umbilical cord puncture, examining the amniotic fluid, etc.
- Treatment procedures for high-risk pregnancies like multiple birth, cardiac arrhythmias, dropsy, rhesus infections, growth retardations, etc.
- Seeking a second opinion in cases of fetal abnormalities or malformations
Several perinatal centers existing in Germany offer high-class facilities during prenatal and postnatal stages:
- Level 1 centers
Level 1 centers approved by neonatologists and qualified medical obstetricians have high-class, spatially interconnected maternity wards, well equipped operating room and at least six units with facilities for intensive neonatal care. These centers have a resident physician and a ready neonatal emergency care unit to assist neighboring departments. Pregnancies with specific risks like multiple pregnancies, babies with a birth weight of less than 1500g, etc are treated in a Level 1 center.
- Level 2 centers
Level 2 centers have at least four units for intensive neonatal care and can treat cases of simple risk births including twins.
- Normal perinatal centers
Normal perinatal centers offer priority services to cater the needs of sudden new-born emergencies through normal operations in maternal wards for a limited amount of time. These centers have ventilation places and are led by pediatricians, but lack specific ICUs.
- Normal birth clinics
Normal birth clinics serve the needs of pregnant women with minimum risks and those who have taken timely and precautionary care although their pregnancy. These cases amount to about 90% of all the births in Germany.
We have an expertise to arrange for the best hospital for your childbirth in Germany. Whether it is a natural birth or a caesarean section, we can make all the necessary arrangements for an easy and safe delivery of your baby in a high-class German hospital well-equipped with integrated perinatal facilities as the case may be.